Making the Most of the Agility Course Map and Walk-through Webinar Feb 2021
Do you make the most of the course map and walk-through at Agility trials? The maps are valuable tools that can be used to understand your dog’s ideal path, and form a preliminary handling plan before the walk-through. That means you can spend the walk-through fine-tuning your plan “on the ground” and think through your execution. Analyzing courses using maps will also give you the opportunity to learn from the many course maps available via Facebook or other online forums.
We will cover:
- How to plot your dog’s (ideal) path. Understanding your dog’s path is critical to a good handling plan!
- How to use that information to develop a handling plan
- Tips on how to bring the preliminary handling strategy into the ring and modify as needed.
- Review a method for analyzing which way to turn your dog on an obstacle, if there are options
- Tips on a post-run analysis
- Tips on how to work with electronic versions of course maps.
Length: 90 minutes (including Q&A)
Audience: Agility handlers. Anyone is welcome but you will get the most out of this webinar if you have some competition experience or attended run-throughs where maps have been distributed. These concepts can be applied to any venue – AKC, USDAA, UKI, etc.
Format: Zoom. You will need a computer or tablet with Zoom installed to access the webinar. Zoom is free to participants. Free signup. You do not need a webcam (audio is adequate). A link for this webinar will be sent once you register and pay.